Thursday, January 19, 2012

Why Photography....

Glass Bottles

Photographs were all I had most of my life to reconnect me with myself and the life I left behind.  Italy, my family, my friends and places I had lived and visited ...a life in Italy, N.Y, California, and a short period in W.V..  All these places I had  lived, visited a part of me.  People I had met and I let into my heart that changed my life in some way.  Photographs, on paper, in my mind.  Images, visions of my past.  The beauties of Italy I lived for many summers with my family and nonni.  Photographs were all I had when I returned from those 3 month long summers with my friends and family in San Remo.  I returned to N.Y. and it was like those friends and San Remo never existed...photographs realized the fact that I did not just dream it all up.  I have so many images of people, places and beauties.  Now living in this peacefully fascinating city of Montreal allows me the chance to capture more beauty and experiences.  How do I manage to tell the stories my mind sees.  Writing them....better yet...photographing them.  I would like for once to use my eyes for more then what I have been using them for all these years.  I want to merge the beauties my eyes sees with the reality of what the world is to share with everyone outside myself through a lens.   My very first Camera 1 class..  It was four hours of blissful  nervous excitement of thinking... can I do this?  The three things that make a GOOD photograph...a subject matter...dramatic lighting and composition...sounds to me like the forces of nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment